Tax Free Child care

May 14, 2019

If you're a working parent with children under 12 (or under 17 for disabled children), you can open an online account to pay for registered childcare. The government will top-up the money you pay into the account. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2. You can receive up to £2,000 per child per year - that's up to £500 every three months. If you have a disabled child, you can receive up to £4,000 per child - that's up to £1,000 every three months.


Eligible? A parent, and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £125 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage).


If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible. You cannot get Tax-Free Childcare if either you, or your partner, each individually expects to earn £100,000 or more.


A parent can use Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as: 15 hours free childcare and 30 hours free childcare.


They cannot use it with:

Universal Credit

Tax Credits

Childcare Vouchers (closed to new entrants)



Please note; This is a separate scheme to the 30 hours and must be applied for and reconfirmed separately using the link below.


Please reload

Featured Posts

Sunbeams New Website!

January 29, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts

September 26, 2019

July 4, 2019

June 17, 2019

Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

01594 541054

Sunbeams Day Nursery

Hawkers Hill, Mitcheldean

Gloucestershire      GL17 0BS